Ardabil Persian carpet has its unique style due to its originality and innovation.
This style has emerged due to the use of extraordinary and rare geometrical shapes in the design and a combination of Caucasian and Persian-Azerbaijani designs that clearly show off. This unique style can be considered the symbol of the Ardabil rugs.
Ardabil carpet with a combination of beautiful and diverse dyes can be easily matched with household items and create charm and peace in your home environment. The result will be making a unique and different interior decoration in your home.
Nowadays, Ardabil semi-antique and antique carpets, which are in good condition in terms of quality, have been noticed and welcomed by collectors.
A pair of Ardabil carpets with the “Sheikh Safi” design is a pair of exquisite Ardabil Persian carpets belonging to the fourth decade of the 16th century. These carpets are symbols of ardabil persian rug history.
These antique Ardabil carpets are considered historical documents. It is interesting to know that this pair of rugs are world famous due to their history and signature. For this reason, they have been included in the list of 50 works and artistic masterpieces worldwide.
Here are some “Sheikh Safi” designed Ardabil carpets facts:
- They have silk warp and waft and Persian knots.
- The pile is made of wool and is woven in 10 different dyes.
- At that time, it was woven by the senior Moqsed Kashani, which is a testimony to the extraordinary skill in weaving these carpets.
- The length of these carpets is 11 and 52 centimeters (37 feet and 52 inches ), and their width is 5 meters and 34 centimeters (17 feet and 51 inches).
- Senior Kashani the grand ardabil carpet artist made 33 million Persian knots in the making and finishing each of these carpets.
- One carpet is kept in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and the other in the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in the United States.
In Ardabil hand-woven carpets, the yarns are often spun by hand and dyed with natural dyes. Nomadic women and girls usually do this spinning and dyeing of threads.
Of course, the original handmade Ardabil carpet yarns have a much higher value than the fibers spun by machines and dyed with inferior chemical dyes. These types of carpets have durable colors and unique softness.
One fact about the Persian Ardabil carpet’s charms is the use of plants to produce a variety of natural colors. Hereunder are some examples of plants that are used widely to generate unique colors:
- Chrysanthemum: It is used to make orange color in Ardabil rugs, which is more stable in orange color.
- Rose madder: (Also known as Rubia tinctorum and dyer’s madder) a natural dye, it makes a range of colors from red to purple.
- Pomegranate peel: used to produce a yellow dye.
- The green shell of the walnut: is used to prepare brown color with high stability.
Now you know that an expert Ardabil Persian rug value estimator will first evaluate yarns to ensure an antique or semi-antique Ardabil Persian rug is real and valuable